For our client an engineering office in the machine and factory building for the iron, steel and aluminium industry, we are looking for an application manager with a (mechanical) technical background who will be responsible for the proper functioning of the engineering software within the office. A mechanical or industrial engineer with IT skills.
The company employs approximately 250 people and has offices in the Netherlands, India and China. They prepare projects, from technical advice to the construction and commissioning of complete blast furnace facilities. All technology is state-of-the-art and adapted to the client’s requirements.
Your challenge and your responsibility:
In this position you are responsible for the maintenance and optimization of the use of our engineering software Siemens (Teamcenter) and Autodesk (AutoCad, Inventor, Navisworks and Plant3D), Microsoft Sharepoint (365) and Windows server. You will work in close cooperation with a team of ICT specialists and an internal team of key users.
The most important tasks you will perform are:
- support the organization employees in the daily use, optimization and availability of the aforementioned applications, both technically and functionally;
- troubleshooting disruptions and implementing change requests;
- identifying, coordinating, realising and implementing improvements and identifying and monitoring savings (in terms of time, effort and costs) with regard to the applications;
- carrying out project management, planning, budgeting and monitoring for new applications and/or improvements to existing applications;
- retaining and documenting knowledge of the internal business processes, the applications, the underlying Microsoft databases and the connected interfaces between the applications;
- liaising with and managing external parties for the development and maintenance of the applications;
- analyzing demands and advising the organisation on new developments in the field of engineering applications and business processes.
Results to be achieved in this role:
- a uniform use of engineering applications
- an optimal, stable Teamcenter back office
- a sustainable knowledge base for engineering methods and processes
Reporting to the Manager Information Management and Group ICT.
What do we ask of you?
- at least HBO working and thinking level with technical training (e.g. Mechanical Engineering and/or Computer Science/Informatics);
- at least 3 to 5 years work experience in a similar position within an engineering firm or software supplier/consultancy company;
- knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and experience with effective solutions for the digitization of the product lifecycle CAD/PDM software: Siemens Teamcenter or equivalent (Microsoft Vault, Dassault Centric, etc.);
- knowledge and experience with Autodesk software (AutoCad, Inventor, Navisworks and Plant3D) and Microsoft systems and applications (Office 365, SharePoint365, SQL database server, Windows server, Microsoft Dynamics 365);
- knowledge of project management;
- at business level good knowledge and understanding of the English language both verbally and in writing;
- sharp analytical skills, a team player with a service- and result-oriented attitude, a hands-on pro-active attitude,
In summary, we are looking for an engineer, at home in the engineering profession and -applications, who takes on the role of Application Manager Engineering both technical and functional, bridging the gap between IT and the engineers. Proven experience in supporting, training, implementing and migrating CAD/PDM software is essential to be successful in this challenging role! Your place of residence is in North or South Holland or Utrecht. Possibly you are an expat with a work permit in the Netherlands. WE DO NOT ASSUME A VISA SPONSORSHIP!
What can you expect?
- a salary in line with the market, maximum gross € 71,000 per year including holiday allowance
- 38.75 hour working week
- 27 holidays
- 11.5 adv days
- good pension scheme
- travel allowance
- phone and laptop
Maurice den Hartog 06-46700806, whatsapp or email email@example.com
Apply the link provided with a CV and a motivation or explanation of your reaction.